My current research topics include:
- 1) the role of values in optimality methods like cost-benefit-analysis
- 2) racism and discrimination in the use of algorithms
- 3) normative analysis of mathematization and formalization in social science models
In the past, I’ve also written on moral reasoning, value pluralism, moral dilemmas, economics imperialism, economic theories of love and altruism, sexual objectification, theories of truth, ambivalence, and other topics.
You can enjoy my occasional reflections at my blog TKIN: Accidental Philosopher Encounters Modern Life.
- Email: pmarino at uwaterloo dot ca
- Office: Hagey Hall 359, University of Waterloo.
- Address: Department of Philosophy, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1, Canada
Page last updated Nov 10, 2021