My current research focuses on the ethics of formalization and quantification. Topics include:
- 1) the role of ethical values in optimality methods like cost-benefit-analysis
- 2) normative analysis of mathematization and formalization in economics
- 3) racism and discrimination in the use of algorithms
In the past, I’ve also written on economic theories of sex, love, and altruism, economics imperialism, moral reasoning, value pluralism, moral dilemmas, sexual objectification, theories of truth, ambivalence, and other topics.
- Email: pmarino at uwaterloo dot ca
- Office: Hagey Hall 329, University of Waterloo.
- Address: Department of Philosophy, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1, Canada
Page last updated Jan 1, 2023